Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Questions Congress Should Have Asked AIG CEO Edward Liddy

Crossposted from Left Toon Lane, Bilerico Project & My Left Wing



click to enlarge

My rage from the AIG pompousness has boiled away enough to type. Congress, however, still has me all a temper.

Yes there were some tough questions and accusations thrown at AIG but they were all formulated for the best play during their next campaign, not getting to the bottom of the debacle.

First of all, I want to know what we need to do to start getting rid of these guys. The severance question is still an unknown. I am pretty sure all these guys have massive golden parachutes that are outlined in bullet-proof executive compensation contracts. I am also pretty sure these severance packages will all run into the millions... just like the bonuses.

I bet the Republicans are glad the AIG meme is moving off the table this week, this will allow them to get back to their tax cut theology.

0 comments: