Monday, February 18, 2008

Liberal pr0n

Crossposted from Left Toon Lane, Bilerico Project & My Left Wing



click to enlarge
Kids today!

So there I was writing a college paper on Jesse Jackson and one of my sources was Jackson's Playboy interview (June, 1984). I was half way through my paper when the binder I had my rough draft and all my source material was in disappeared. I looked in my backpack, my car, I drove back to school to see if it was in my locker. It wasn't at my house, it wasn't at my buddies house. It was no where to be found. I damn near completed all 5000 words and the paper was due to be turned in in a week.

I finally asked mom if she had seen it and she broke down it tears, exclaiming I am on my way to Hell - "she didn't raise me like that."

Turns out she chucked the whole thing in the trash and the trash was picked up two days previous.

The teacher, one reputed as being overly-stern laughed hard at my misfortune and gave me an extra 2 weeks to finish the paper.

Moral of the story? Don't keep Mother Jones under your bed, that is the first place Homeland Security will look.

0 comments: