Saturday, March 8, 2008

"3 a.m. girl" = Obama supporter

This is too good not to pass along. Remember that "who do you want answering the phone at 3 a.m. ad"? Remember this sleeping girl?



According to a report on KING5, an NBC affiliate station in Seattle, Washington:

The first girl in the ad is young Casey Knowles. It's stock footage from 8 years ago when she worked as a TV extra - footage owned now by Getty Images and used by the Clinton campaign.
Here's Casey today. She's 17 years old and an Obama supporter (and will turn 18 well before the general election in November).




"It's perfect timing because I have a candidate that I really identify with,"; she said. "I've been campaigning for Barack Obama for a few months now," she said. "I was actually a precinct captain at the caucuses a few months ago. I attended his rally a few months ago and I'm, a very, very avid supporter."

The Knowles family admit they have no control over how the footage is used. And while they see the humor of it all, they are mildly annoyed.

"I think it would be really wonderful if me and Barack Obama could get together and make a nice counter ad," she laughed.

1 comments:

MKSinSA said...

Too funny! Nice find