Monday, April 30, 2007

Maybe (Maybe Not)

"I do not believe that the meaning of life is a puzzle to be solved.

"Life is. I am. Anything can happen.

"And I believe I may invest my life with meaning.

"The uncertainty is a blessing in disguise.

"If I were absolutely certain about all things, I would spend my life in anxious misery, fearful of losing my way. But since everything and anything are always possible, the miraculous is always nearby and wonders shall never, ever cease.

"I believe that human freedom may be stated in one term, which serves as a little brick propping open the door of existence: Maybe."

--from Maybe (Maybe Not) by Robert Fulghum


Professor Stephen Hawking ("A Brief History of Time") floating in Zero-G, the one place in the world where his body is as free as his mind.

0 comments: