Thursday, May 31, 2007

No sad songs Hillary - You voted for the war!

I just got an email from the Hillary Cinton Campaign.

It reads: “Time is running out for you to vote in the final round of our campaign song contest. Your votes narrowed down the initial choices, and we’ve added some of your great suggestions. Please take a moment to cast your vote.”

http://www.hillaryclinton.com/campaignsong

african-american-political-pundit-new.jpg

AA Political Pundit says:

Hey Hillary, While some bloggers are amused, I’m not.

I don’t want to hire the next President as a “song and dance lady” I want to hire a President who can attempt to fix the Washington mess and get our women and men out of Iraq. It would be nice for you to lay out plans to address how you are going to help fix New Orleans and have the thousands of residents (mostly black) who have lost their property that goes back generations, to be able to come back to New Orleans and reclaim their property.

Candidly, I could give a royal crap what song you have for your campaign. But I’m sure the women and men in Iraq have some ideas for a song and dance for Hillary.

PS: Even if you made your campaign song “I Wish I Was in Dixie” as part of your effort to get the white southern vote at this point in American political history I would not be surprised.

Sheet music cover, c. 1900

But please no sad songs Hillary, you voted for the war. Those sad songs are coming out of Iraq.

1 comments:

Renee in Ohio said...

This blogger is pretty unamused by anything coming out of the Hillary campaign. Speaking of songs, I feel like we're being "played", and I don't have time for it.

I'll support a candidate when I see a candidate that deserves my support.